Try this tasty winter salad dish from Riverford Organic Farms
- 1 small celeriac, peeled & cut into fine matchsticks
- 2 apples, cored & finely sliced
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- sea salt & ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tsp coarse grain mustard
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 100g watercress, washed & drained, larger stalks removed
- small handful chopped fresh herbs – parsley, tarragon, chives
- 4 sustainable smoked mackerel fillets, shredded (bones removed)
Tip: If you don’t have watercress, use peppery winter salad leaves instead
1. Toss the celeriac in a large bowl with the apple and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
2. In a small bowl, mix the vinegar, honey, mustard and olive oil. Toss into the celeriac with the watercress, herbs and smoked mackerel.
3. Check the seasoning before serving.
Recipe from the seasonal collection at Riverford Organic Farms