We reveal our favourite toxin-free, scented candles that will set the mood for romantic nights in by the sea
1. This tinned candle is made from soy and beeswax, and produces a slow, clean burn. WE LOVE: Its festive aroma. BEST FOR: A small, perfectly formed gift.
2. The No7 candle adds a subtle aroma of orange and nutmeg to your home. WE LOVE: Value for money. BEST FOR: A dinner party.
3. A quality candle made from beeswax and smelling of fig. WE LOVE: That three per cent of profits go to bee conservation. BEST FOR: Ethical bargain-hunters.
4. The winter range from Heyland & Whittle includes olive and fig. WE LOVE: That it’s made from sustainable soy wax. BEST FOR: Its delicious scent.
5. This glass-encased candle, hand-poured from beeswax, smells as good as it looks. WE LOVE: The 35-hour burn time. BEST FOR: A sweet reminder of summer.
6. This three-wick Soulful candle is made from beeswax and pure essential oils. WE LOVE: The glorious scent. BEST FOR: Long winter nights in front of a fire.
7. An Epice candle fills the air with notes of warming plum and cinnamon. WE LOVE: Its exotic glow from a snow-white wick. BEST FOR: The candle connoisseur.
8. Neom is a luxury brand made with natural ingredients. WE LOVE: The candle burns without releasing any toxins. BEST FOR: Giving to someone special.
9. Liz Earle's Botanical Candle range is made from 100 per cent soy wax and beeswax. WE LOVE: The scent of lavendar and basil. BEST FOR: Indulgence.
10. Mils & Boo create a range of luxury pure soy wax candles using sustainable resources. WE LOVE: The range of fragrances from lime basil and mandarin to English pear and freesia. BEST FOR: A luxury gift.