Explore the rugged landscapes and unspoilt natural beauty of the Isles of Scilly, with their fascinating native wildlife and beautiful bays.
Life moves at a more leisurely pace on the peaceful Isles of Scilly, famous for their striking scenery, sub-tropical gardens and vast, sandy beaches. On this six-day trip you’ll discover why so many people consider the Isles of Scilly to be the UK’s most idyllic archipelago.
This tour will take you to many of the islands’ most unforgettable locations. You’ll visit the sub-tropical Tresco Abbey Gardens – described as “Kew without the glass” – the rugged coastlines of Bryher and the quaint harbours of St Martin’s.
You’ll be delighted by the range of wildlife to be spotted on the Isles of Scilly, with many species that can’t be seen anywhere else in the UK. The head of the Isles of Scilly Wildlife Trust will give a talk to explain the trust’s work and give you an insight into the isles’ native wildlife, which includes porpoises, dolphins, seals, and many species of birds.
You’ll be based at the stylishly comfortable Atlantic Hotel on the isle of St Mary’s, which will serve as your base for the trip. Here you will enjoy delicious cuisine made with local, seasonal ingredients, as well as truly stunning views across the harbour.
REASONS TO BOOK
- Discover the world-renowned Tresco Gardens, a sub-tropical garden home to plants from Brazil to New Zealand and Burma to South Africa.
- Full day on the beautiful isle of Bryher.
- Many wildlife species found here can’t be seen anywhere else in the UK.
DAY 1 St Mary’s
DAY 2 Tresco
DAY 3 St Agnes
DAY 4 St Martin’s
DAY 5 Bryher
DAY 6 Departure**
YOU WILL GET THE CHANCE TO…
- Spend five supremely comfortable nights at the Atlantic Hotel with breakfast and dinner included.
- Discover several of the stunning Isles of Scilly, with their turquoise waters and white beaches.
- Go on a marine wildlife cruise to spot some of the isles’ unique birds and sea life.
- Dine on the freshest local seafood, caught right on your doorstep.
- Visit the lovely St Martin’s Vineyard, a unique coastal vineyard and winery.
- Take a guided tour of Tresco Abbey Gardens, a renowned sub-tropical garden home to thousands of plants.
Boat transfers within the islands, return ferry from Penzance to St Mary’s, all entrance fees, packed lunches for day trips, guided walking tour of St Agnes.
HOW TO BOOK
PRICE From £1,649pp*
DATES April 17-22 and April 22-27, 2023
TO BOOK, CALL 02045 256 491, quoting COAST SCILLIES
VISIT coast.tripsmiths.com/scillies for more details and to see the full itinerary.
See coast.tripsmiths.com for our full range of 2023 holidays.
OUR TRAVEL PARTNER
TS Tours Ltd is the UK’s leading specialist in creating bespoke tours, cruises and rail journeys in the company of experts.
T&Cs: *From price is per person, based on two people sharing a room, subject to availability. Price and itinerary correct at time of print but may be subject to change. Single supplement £185. Deposit 20%. Local charges such as tourist tax may apply. **Itinerary schedule will vary on the April 22 departure, with the same excursions and activities included. In the case of unforeseen circumstances, expert(s) may be substituted, and any expert-led events may be subject to change. Expert(s) will not join you for your full trip duration unless otherwise stated. Travel insurance is not included but required for most of our overseas trips, and should be taken out at time of booking. Images used may not reflect your actual tour experience. This holiday may be sold through other selected brands. Tour is operated by and subject to the booking conditions of TS Travel Limited (ATOL Limted).